Tuesday 2 April 2013

New Nanny

Hi Y'all.

We have a new nanny and no (daily) grandparent support for one month! They were coming 4 hours a day 7 days a week. (lucky us) The new nanny started yesterday and she comes 3 hours a day 5 days a week.  She started yesterday. She is a handsome woman from Manila, The Philippines. She is in the live-in-caregiver program. She was working for a relative taking care of 3 children for over a year, but they were not treating her fairly so she left. It must have taken a lot of guts to do that. The first day was fine, she needed guidance, but I'm sure we'll get there. Unfortunately, I have been fighting off a yucky gastrointestinal bug for a few days and yesterday David started experiencing the symptoms. I am very tired. I know it seems like it should go without saying, but I guess it's relative. We will be fine (don't worry mom), we just need to hunker down and get through this week. I'm starting to wonder if I might get more energy when I stop breastfeeding. I have a feeling I may be experiencing the lower hormone (estrogen?)as a result of breastfeeding more than some women, just like I had really high hormone levels and side-effects during the pregnancy.

7:34 Finn is wriggling on dad. I am pumping and blogging. (the babies LOVE the pump and I can't have them near it because they'll pull the tubes out and get their fingers squished in the mechanism)

VIDEO of Finn:



Finn is smiling SO BIG! Yesterday too. He was laughing so much and and so loud! It was great. Olivia's being very difficult to put to sleep. We just gave up yesterday during the second nap. She seems like she is 100% muscle. When we try to put her in "arm swaddle" she writhes and back arches and cries like she is being tortured. You wouldn't believe the sound. Screaming that is BEYOND WORDS. And she can keep it up for a long time. And then she woke up after one hour and David had to put her down again, star from scratch. You'd think after no nap she'd stay asleep! Anyway. 3 steps forward 2 steps back. Or 10 steps forward 2 steps back or...whatever. Every day's different.

Mostly they are gorgeous angels. We had a great visit at Farfar and Farmor's house for Easter dinner. It was really nice! We did learn when we got home that we have to be strict about the leaving time, because they don't do well with any schedule change. But the visit itself was pure fun. I love showing them off. I love seeing the love in the eyes of my in-laws when they look at my babies. They really love them! Especially, when I see Farfar look at Olivia. I think, "that girl owns his heart".

Andy (nanny) will be arriving soon (10 minutes).



No comments:

Post a Comment