Thursday 28 February 2013

Sleeping Through The Night!

OK. I can't believe it works. Apparently you don't have to believe it works for it to work, though. We have combined our research, and, with help from my parents, we have found a system that works! Recently I was forwarded a book on PDF from my ex-nanny Jess and my Aunt Michelle, both recommended it highly. When I read it, it was a concise description of the techniques we had read about in the Ferber book and the Weissbluth book, and what my parents advised us to do.

Books/link:

Ferber Book

Weissbluth Book

Sleep Sense Website

Basically, we put them to bed at 7-8pm and they wake up around 7am.

  1. put them in sleepers
  2. fresh diapers
  3. Tylenol (if there is intense teething going on)
  4. go upstairs
  5. feed a bottle
  6. rocking/patting and/or singing 
  7. burp (if possible)
  8. put him/her down in the crib
  9. give blanket
  10. "Nighty Night"
  11. kiss
  12. walk out
  13. stay out for 30 minutes
  14. If they cry, they stop crying in less than 5 minutes (to my utter shock)
When I walk out I think to myself, this won't work, he/she's wide awake. And then the crying stops! Like, fast! And then it doesn't start up again! Very strange. Who are these babies?

No comments:

Post a Comment