Sunday 17 February 2013

Confusional Episodes

Posted to Facebook Group:
Oy Vey! Why is my little girl the one always suffering these maladies (and driving us crazy?) Confusional Episodes. Anyone have these in their kid? It is basically like sleep-walking for babies. But they look possesed and sound like they are in pain. Can't wake her up easily from it. She motors around the crib and out of the swaddle in her little way. They say: don't wake her up, she'll grow out of it. OK, but for now, she's hitting her head against the crib bars and moaning and crying. I don't know what to do next. I don't want to just leave her, but I also don't want to have to go up to that room 5-8 times every night. And sometimes when I do go I CAN'T wake her, she just keeps yelling and back-arching in my arms. And then when I do wake her - yay, now I have to put her back to sleep. Argh. Pediatrician shrugged it off. She doesn't know what it really looks like, just read about it in books. I'm video-taping these things so she'll understand. HELP anyone!
Update: 

She stayed at my mom and dad's last night and only woke up once for an hour! Hmmmm... I want to know why! (or are they just too deaf to wake up from her episodes?) If I can narrow it down...It has to be where she sleeps, position, swaddle, temperature, sounds - or ghost? Maybe we have a ghost and they don't. (OK maybe not that last one)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment